Affirmations: whether you love them or loathe them, there’s no denying their popularity in the world of personal growth and development.
But I understand why some people are not a fan! At first, trying out these new thoughts might seem all kind of strange, stupid, or pointless.
Your subconscious mind has been shaped and programmed in three major ways:
- Through your early childhood experiences
- Through highly-charged emotional experiences
- Through repetition
Of course, the last one is the key to understanding why affirmations work. It’s true: you really can rewire your mind just by repeating these simple sentences to yourself.
Essentially, affirmations are the art of choosing the new thoughts that you want to believe (as opposed to your old unhelpful/harmful thoughts) and rewiring them into your brain.
Why is this important?
We always manifest from our subconscious beliefs. Right now, you have some great intentions but your real habitual thoughts are not lining up with them. That creates manifestation blocks, feeling stuck, and usually involves you going around in circles.
It’s always important to take your subconscious mind into account during the manifestation process.
While there are many methods of subconscious reprogramming, affirmations are quick and easy to do and a great way for anyone to get started.
Simple Affirmation Guidelines
Pick something that resonates. If you’re telling yourself “I’m so skinny” when you really do not feel skinny then you’re aiming too high.
In these situations, pick a neutral thought to guide your brain towards first. For example, replace your default thought of “I’m so fat” with “I have a body” before you try go any further.
Focus On One At A Time
In general, it’s best to choose one affirmation to work with at a time. So pick what resonates today and go for it!
Give It Time
Doing your affirmations/mantras only once isn’t going to have any effect at all. If you give it one session and don’t feel any different, relax! That’s normal.
This process takes time so commit to giving it time. The longer your practice, the better (and easier!) it all becomes.
How To Use Affirmations
Fortunately, affirmations are simple to use and easily adaptable. Here are some suggestions:
- Repeat them while you’re in the shower or during your morning commute.
- Write them out in your journal.
- Use them as a meditation mantra.
- Write them on post-it notes and stick them to your bathroom mirror.
30 Daily Affirmations To Improve Your Mindset
1. I have the power to change my story.
2. Today I choose to align with what I want.
3. I release my fear and limitations.
4. I choose being happy over being right.
5. The only approval I need is my own.
6. I fully love, support, and believe in myself.
7. My work, style and energy are important and unique.
8. I am abundant in every area of my life.
9. I call in all of my desires with ease.
10. Every day I’m becoming better and better.
11. I trust myself to figure it out.
12. I keep making progress even if I make a mistake.
13. Something wonderful is about to happen to me.
14. My desires are meant for me.
15. My beliefs are always my choice.
16. The Universe is conspiring in my favor.
17. I am excited and grateful to face the day.
18. I am committed to figuring it out no matter what.
19. I am the thinker of my thoughts and today I choose better thoughts.
20. I am willing to see things differently.
21. What I seek is also seeking me.
22. I am grateful for every lesson along my journey.
23. I am enough.
24. I am deserving and worthy of my desires.
25. I am so proud of the person I’m becoming.
26. I haven’t come this far to stop now.
27. I fully love and accept myself no matter what.
28. Other people’s opinions are none of my business.
29. I am so proud of myself for coming this far.
30. I celebrate myself today and every day.
Remember, you have the power to change your brain at any time! It’s time to get excited and take the reigns of your own life and your manifestations simply by changing the way you think.
Love This Post? Then Save It To Your Manifestation Board On Pinterest!